Pesquisar este blog

quinta-feira, 22 de fevereiro de 2024

The importance of translation as part of the process of getting to know someone - lessons based on my personal experience, coming from my work as a translator of what I write into Polish

1) If you wish to make a country your home in Christ, translate what you have to say that is good and necessary in a way that raises the intelligence of many into the language of the country that is the target of your love into the merits of Christ. In my case, I translate everything into Polish.

2) As Saint Augustine said, to truly know a person, we must see what that person really loves. As many of the Poles in general love and reject the same things on the basis of Christ, so I translate what I think to them, for these are the friends I want to have, on the merits of Christ. It is not for nothing that I consider readers from Poland not only as my friends but also as an extension of my family, following the example of what Prince D. Bertrand taught about the monarchical regime in Brazil - which allows me to take my country and Poland as one home in Christ, to the point of creating a practical experience in the field of nationness, which is both a science and an art.

3) In the current stage of development in which science is found, this must remain for now within the family environment. The more these experiences are shared as family experiences, the more general they are, the more generally they are accepted, since the truths known by previous generations must be observed by future generations.

4) The sense of taking a country as a home in Christ, even if you were not born in it, is part of the science of the cross, without which it is not possible to build an empire of culture, in such a way that the Holy Name of the Lord be published in the four corners of the world, as was said to King D. Afonso Henriques, in Ourque.

José Octavio Dettmann

Rio de Janeiro, February 22th, 2024 (date of original post).

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário